Week 21

Friday, December 18, 2009

This picture means so much to me. It was taken when I was around 8 months old, on my very first Christmas. 1984. So many little things from this photo stand out in my mind. The cabinet behind us, I remember it well. The photo hanging on the wall in the other room, I could almost touch it in my memories, that's how real it is. And of course, the love that my dad and I share.

I've set this photo in the tree like an ornament, and every time I walk past it my eyes fill with tears of Christmas joy.

I can't wait to spend this Christmas with my dad. In just one week, he'll be holding my babies the exact same way that he held me.

Do you have a flashback to share? Add your link to the list below, and let the fun begin! Flickr, Blogger, Facebook, LiveJournal- whatever you've got. Make sure to put the link to this post somewhere in your post, so our weekly trip down memory lane can grow more and more...


Nen December 18, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

This is really sweet! :)

Giggly December 18, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

This is a really sweet post Tia. :) Love this pic too! I love that you set it in the tree like an ornament. XOXOX

NessaGurl December 18, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Cute photo Tia... I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas with your parents and grandparents!

Merry Christmas!

Casy Schweickart December 18, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

It's too early in the morning for trying to make us cry...very sweet post. ;0)

AlyGatr December 18, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

I'm so happy that your Daddy is one his way to spend Christmas with you...and your babies (including the one in the oven!). I hope he has fun soaking in all the love :)

ElegantSnobbery December 18, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

Awwww! That is so seriously sweet!! I bet you are super excited to see your family... and have your family get a chance to see your babies!

Maggie December 18, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

That is so sweet! Hey that picture looks like you were a little redheaded baby.

Oh Mandie! December 18, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Beautiful! I get that way too, seeing my dad with my boys :)

soul_searching_mama December 18, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

I'm really close to my dad too, so I know what this picture means to you. :) Very sweet - thanks for sharing! :)

Betsy December 18, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

I LOVE it! Especially your dad's facial hair and Cosby sweater - so 80s, it rocks!! :)

Philomena Bohemian December 18, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

so very sweet, daddies are so very special to us girls :)

Crafty Mama December 18, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

That is such a sweet flashback!

MrsDragon December 20, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

So sweet! You'll have to make sure to get some matching pics of your dad with your kids. : )

The Shop Of Beth December 22, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

I love the picture! It looks great. Right now I keep thinking about how I need to invest in a scanner so I can do flash backs about more than what is just on my computer.

It's also great that you made an ornament with this picture!

Post a Comment